30.7.10

Nightmare

When you look down, some interesting (but probably dirty) things can be found. Walking along Brick Lane market one Sunday, I found a blue plastic container used to hold apples. I took it home and ironed it. (This was during my phase where I loved ironing plastic). About a month later I found the sheet in a sketchbook and studied it to find that letters where hidden in the melted parts.



I held the sheet up to the window and spotted every letter of the alphabet then took a photograph of it. Some printing, tracing, drawing and scanning later, a had a full alphabet of these plastic letters.
Having made the letters, I wanted to do something with them, so decided to return them to the streets they came from. I made a stencil, bought some spray paint and went out in East London at 1AM. Here are some of the results.



No comments:

Post a Comment